Welcome to the Socially Engaged Design Academy (SEDA) block on Concept Development.
Now that you have an understanding of what generating concepts entails, it is time to learn efficient and effective tools for generating a wide variety of novel solutions for the need you are addressing. During the initial concept generation process the goal is to ideate as many different potential solutions as possible. Transitioning to the concept development process is a time to begin iterating on those ideas with a greater perspective and more deliberation.
After completing this block you will be able to:
- Iterate on the ideas from the concept generation process
- Understand how to become more effective in ideating different solutions
- Focus on drawing out the quality and novelty in your design solutions
- Apply a wide variety of methods to generate a large quantity of concepts
- Organize and cluster ideas in a meaningful way
- Check your ideas early on to determine the best ones with which to move forward
This block requires assignment submittals, online course completion, and in-person review, so please pay special attention to all instructions.
Block Developed By: Nour Arafat, Maria Young, Aliya Jawad, Jin Woo Lee, Charlie Michaels, and Shanna Daly
With Support From: Michigan Engineering
Last Updated: April 6, 2017
Technical Issues? Email SEDAemail@example.com